Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The After-Vacation Mess

We returned from our trip on Monday and I've been busy unpacking, shopping for groceries, and all the other chores that need to get done after a vacation. In fact, I could you a vacation from the chores of vacation. This mess is worth it, though. We had an incredible time and saw a lot of the country that we'd never seen before. Already we're talking about where we'll go next year and it will likely be a road trip from Washington, D.C. down to Atlanta, Georgia. For now I need to concentrate on catching up and logging all of the waymarks from this trip.

Yesterday I posted about nearly 50 waymarks, half of them in the neon category. I'll post some more today but I really need to concentrate on updating the Wayward site features and tools. My biggest heartache was finding out that the Overland Stagecoach station that I waymarked won't fit in the Butterfield Overland Stage Markers location. It's a cool restored station and barn in Wyoming, and I can waymark it in a couple other categories, however, I really wanted that Butterfield Stage icon. Oh well, maybe on the next trip to the in-laws I'll find one.


The photo in this post is taken from my Rapid City Laundry waymark in South Dakota. It was one of the first neon signs that we came across and got all of us so hooked on the neon category that we stopped in a ton of little towns we never would have pulled off the interstate for, just to check their downtowns for neon. This is an action sign and the laundress moves up and down, scrubbing her laundry in the tub.

1 comment:

Rayman said...

"I'll post some more today but I really need to concentrate on updating the Wayward site features and tools."

Woohoo! Thanks for using my picture of Niagara Falls' Prospect Point in the featured category update. Now I feel like I've made it in the waymarking world! LOL