Friday, June 29, 2007

Road Trip: Midwest

Tonight we've finally made it to the Chicago area after 2 days of driving from Rapid City. Last night we stayed in Minnesota on the bluffs of the Mississippi River and I was squealing like a little girl about the bugs. God, give me a good old Washington state slug any day. They grow mosquitoes the size of mosquito hawks in Minnesota and I spent more time hiding in the tent than enjoying the views. I'm embarrassed to say that I have this weird panic thing when I comes to mosquitoes. I have seen bears and huge elk across the trail from me on backpacking trips, held tarantulas, let huge Australian stick bugs crawl all over me, but put me in a cloud of mosquitoes and I panic. Even the clouds of these ugly big moth things in Dubuque today didn't bother me. I know - weird. Anyhow, I have survived my multiple panic attacks and am ready to brave the cockroaches of Chicago tomorrow. We'll be in the area for several days so I'll try to post again before we start the trek back to Wyoming.

The picture above was taken at the Spam museum, which I joked about in a past post. We ended up stopping there and were happily surprised. The place is an amazing museum. I'm not joking! There was all of this history, fun and goofy interactive games, and much more. Even for an anti-spam person like me it was a blast. Seriously! Once you see my waymark you'll believe me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.