Monday, June 18, 2007

Way-Vacation Countdown: 4 days

Only 4 days now until we hop on a plane to Salt Lake City, and then in a car to Wyoming. We've been planning the trip for a year now, so it's pretty exciting to be getting so close. I love this time before the trip. Everyone's so excited, things are getting packed, last minute chores getting done (unless of course you spend your time blogging).

We've sent two large boxes containing our backpacking gear to Troy's parents in advance of the trip. This weekend we packed up the rest of it and I was horrified at the amount of clothes that Troy wanted to bring. I told him he packed like a girl, which wasn't taken well. In the picture you see three suitcases. The two small ones standing against the wall are Hunter's and mine. The large one on the floor that Frodo is sniffing questioningly is Troy's - and that's after I had him put back about a third of his clothes. God, it's not like they don't have laundromats in the midwest. It won't kill us to do laundry once on the trip. He needs city wear, hiking clothes, running clothes, 20th class reunion clothes, and driving clothes...

He suggested we take a 4th suitcase, but I put the brakes on that. It will be bad enough dragging 3 suitcases, a laptop and various carry-ons through the airport.

Well, I'd better get moving and get a few of those errands done that I was talking about. I'll be back tomorrow to talk about way-vacationing with a 13 year old.

No comments: