Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Backlog

I've been working on my waymarking backlog this week. Well, it isn't really a backlog, in the true sense. These places have been waymarked, but I haven't cross-posted them in the other categories that I like to cross-post to. Once I've posted something once, it gets boring to cross-post and so I put it off. This is a perfect cross-posting day, though. It's cold, wet, and grey outside (it's June, for gods-sake! When will this misery end!) and I have a horrendous sinus headache, so I'm sitting, drinking my coffee and alternating cold compresses to my face with typing up waymarks

Post waymark - 5 minutes with the ice pack - post a waymark - take more ibuprofen - post waymark - 5 more minutes with the ice pack - post waymark - cry out my misery to the dog - wipe dog slobber off of my face - post a waymark... This is my day.

I wish that I could come up with some idea of how to make cross-posting easier. It certainly would be nice to have some kind of cross-referencing system, at a minimum. I don't have any clever ideas, however, and it hurts to think so I'm going to move away from this train of thought.

Anyhow, the above picture is of the "Experience Music Project" building, built by Frank Gehry and located at the Seattle Center. This photo shows the point where the Alweg Monorail enters the building. I have the building logged and waymarked in several categories, but I just recently cross-posted the Seattle Center in the Tourist Attractions category, one of my favorite categories to cross-post in.

2 comments:

0ccam said...

The wife's family reunion was in the Seattle area two years ago (not sure if waymarking.com was around yet, but I certainly didn't know about it, I didn't even know about geocaching then). I wanted to go to the Music Experience/Science Fiction Museum. It wasn't on our original plan for some reason. Anyway, I told her that if we didn't get to it that I'd "hold it over her head until we did". We haven't gotten to it yet.
So I have to email her this blog posting.

Hikenutty said...

LOL! The music part is pretty cool, but only interesting to people who like music from the 50's-70's. I've never been to the Sci-Fi part, but have seen 2 art shows in the gallery section.

My son's orchestra class is going on a field trip there next week and they still need adult chaperones (who get in free of charge). Of course, there's that pesky airline ticket to get over here that's not-so-free. ;) I'm opting out because chaperoning middle schoolers seems close to the deepest circle of hell, in my book.