Monday, June 2, 2008

Vacation Countdown

So we are trying to prepare for a vacation/waymarking adventure and it feels like we are not ready for it. There's so much to do at home that I haven't had time to do much scouting out of waymarks, which is a shame because I know there are several categories that I can get in D.C. or Virginia that aren't available here on the West Coast. I'll have to do what I can and not stress about it. We'll find the waymarks we can and just have to head back east at some point on another vacation to conquer the categories we've missed.

We ordered a gps navigation system for the trip that has a big database of pre-loaded POI's and it should be arriving in the next day or two. When Team Mindawg was here we played around with theirs and loved it so we decided it was hightime for updating our gps. The current one is a Magellan, several years old with a failing keypad and that doesn't sync with our current computer. Truly a pain in the ass, but not broken enough for me to justify throwing out. We'll still use it as a back up, especially for hiking, but the new Garmn will be our primary system now. It's a base model Nuvi - simple, basic, pretty much all we need and for a couple hundred bucks, well worth the money. It seems very user friendly, but I'll need to make sure I completely understand its ins and outs before we head for D.C. because I wouldn't want to miss any waymarks because I couldn't figure out my gps. Ah, one more thing for the "to do" list.

If I make it onto the plane with my sanity next week it will truly be a miracle.

No comments: