Thursday, March 8, 2007

I've been outed!! Wayouted!!

Yes, you read right. I've been outed! No, not that way - my husband and I are still together. It's my waymarking habit that has been outed. The Tacoma News Tribune is doing an article on waymarking and they've interviewed me for the story. You see, up until now this waymarking habit is something only my family truly knows about. Now all of that inner geekiness I've been hiding from my friends will be out in the open. Those weekends spent searching for interesting intersection names and ginormous everyday objects will be known to all. Oh well, I suppose it had to be. At some point I have to embrace the inner geek and stop hiding it from those I love. Oh, the freedom!! The joy!!

On Saturday I'll be waymarking with my husband and a News Tribune photographer, and on Sunday I'll be waymarking in the land of geeks, Redmond, Washington, home of Microsoft and Nintendo. I'll write about it here on Sunday or Monday and give you the status of that inner geek embracing I'm working on.

2 comments:

bootron said...

Looking forward to reading the article!

By the way, I'm digging the blog so far, keep it up!

Hikenutty said...

Thanks, Bootron. I'm having fun with it.