Monday, March 5, 2007

Getting started

Well, after years of making fun of bloggers willing to share all (I mean ALL) the unremarkable details of their lives, I myself have started a blog. And I suppose my waymarking adventures will be unremarkable (and undecipherable) to all but my fellow waymarkers. That's okay.

My plan at this point is to document my waymarking adventures and some of the weird places and situations that I find myself as I attempt to gather the posting requirements for yet another waymark. At this point I have 370 waymarks posted in 176 different categories. I'll also try to highlight some great waymarks that I see get posted to some of the categories that I'm an officer in. If you take the time to sit down and look you can find some fantastic points of interest: Caves in Oman, a sculpture garden in Germany, a little known waterfall in Yellowstone National Park... The spots are endless and now I have a place to make note of the great ones I see posted on the site.

For now I'll sign off. I'll be back soon to figure this blogging thing out so I can start highlighting my favorite waymarks and telling my geeky, wacky tale of WayCool (to the chosen few who understand the appeal :) waymarking. In the meantime, if you want to find my waymarks, my username on waymarking.com is Hikenutty. Check them out.

1 comment:

Nate Irish said...

Great idea! I look forward to reading about your adventures. :)