Monday, January 7, 2008

A familiar icon

So, I've been meaning to post about icons for awhile but have never gotten around to it. Koko has been an icon-making machine and is just pumping those cute little 1/4 inch wonders out as fast as she can.

I can't help but brag about the "Freestanding Arches" logo, though. Doesn't it look a bit like the photo I've added to this post? That would be my oh-so-cool Soldiers' and Sailors' Memorial Arch, a Civil War memorial that we waymarked in Hartford, Connecticut. I'd love to think it is so awesome that it deserved to be the category logo/icon, but if you check out the more recent additions to the category you'll notice that the European arches have definitely got this one beat. I think it was more the fact that it was the only old arch that was in the category when she was looking for icon examples. Or maybe it was the fact that I am such a kiss ass about icons. :)

Some other icons that I've noticed lately -

Beaches: Did you notice that the "Beaches" icon is the "Nude Beaches" icon , but she added clothing to the the people?

Roller Skating Rinks: How about those disco lights behind the skate? Tres groovy!

Tattoo Parlors: Doesn't this one just make you wince?!

Other detailed masterpieces: The closed drive-in icon with its tattered screen, the whitewater rafting icon that shows 6 paddlers working the water, the miniature landscape painting for the Natural Springs category icon, and last but not least, the Noodle Shop category's noodle bowl, complete with chopsticks - I swear you can see the chopped scallions and bean curd in that one!

No comments: