Thursday, August 23, 2007

Kiss Hunting

I've been wanting to post a waymark in the Kissmobile Sitings category so about 6 months ago I checked the Kissmobile Website and discovered that it was going to be in the Seattle-Tacoma area in August. The problem is that although they are great about keeping a schedule on their Website, they only tell you when they will be in a region, but not where in the region they will be stopping. The Seattle-Tacoma metropolitan area is a pretty large place for a Kissmobile (K.M.) to hide. It just wasn't worth the hassle so I gave up.

Then last week I spotted the Kissmobile on I-5 driving home from Seattle. I was tempted to turn around and follow the thing, but I was with a non-waymarking friend and I didn't think she would get it if I yelled "tail those giant Hershey Kisses!" I restrained myself, but it reignited my compulsion to post a waymark in this category. I did one last web search to see if anyone in the area had listed that the K.M. was showing up at their store or event. SUCCESS! In just 2 days time, their last stop before heading to Eastern Washington, they would be in a town about 20 miles from our home.

So today we drove out and at noon, just as they were setting up we took our pictures - 2 fun pics and the required pic with a waymarker and gps in it as well as a required pic of the license plate. It was fun to grab the waymark, and the new "Kissables" candies they were handing out were pretty good - think m & m (Smarties for those of you up in Canada) meets Hershey's Kiss.

Our Kissmobile waymark hasn't been approved yet so it might not be visible yet. Hopefully soon though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.